We feature more than 20 draft beers and local spirits at our bar. We work directly with local breweries to showcase beers that are not often available at other locations. Our craft cocktail program is also innovative and exciting. We are more than restaurant. We are an expression of Detroit. This is #HowWeRockDetroit.
THE BIRTH OF THE AMERICAN BADASS
- January 17, Robert James Ritchie was born in Romeo, Michigan; a small rural town north of the Detroit metro area.
- The era of high fidelity cassettes and players was ignited with the first “hi-fi” cassette recorder created, the Advent Model 201.
- Bobby Ritchie joined a breakdance crew called the “Furious Funkers”, where he taught himself how to work a cheap belt-driven turntable.
“THAT WHITE KID CAN ROCK”
- Bob Ritchie became friends with Roderick Wisdom, a DJ who had the same interests of performing at large parties in the basements of friends’ homes in high school.
- Roderick, ‘Bo’ Wisdom recruited ‘Kid Rock’ to spinning and mixing large parties with him, making $250 every night for months.
- Kid Rock signed his first deal with Jive Records.
“YO-DA-LIN IN THE VALLEY”
- Kid Rock debuted his first album Grits Sandwiches for Breakfast.
- Kid Rock signed his second deal with another record company; an independent label company called Continuum Records.
“…HIS DAY, HIS EVENT”
- Kid Rock worked the turntables at Record Time, a little record store off of Gratiot Ave in Roseville, Michigan.
- Upon one of his performances at Record Time, a blonde-haired skinny kid kept consistently yelling at him, trying to challenge him to a turntable ‘battle’. The owner of the record shop had to intervene, walk him out, and tell him to leave Kid Rock alone. The kid turned out to be Eminem. Kid Rock maintained cordial about it.
“LIGHT BULB MOMENT”
- Kid Rock debuted his second album The Polyfuze Method, which became revolutionary for the music industry; collaborating a mix of both rap and rock.
- Kid Rock’s Band called the Twisted Brown Trucker was established in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
- Kid Rock debuted his third album with his band, Early Mornin’ Stoned Pimp, releasing his own label with Top Dog Records. A loan from his father aided the release.
- Kid Rock sold 60,000 copies of his third album out of the trunk of his car.
“THE STATE THEATER”
- Kid Rock performed a show in late May at The State Theater in Detroit, Michigan.
- Because of the show, he was recognized by Atlantic Records.
- Kid Rock released his fourth album in August, Devil Without a Cause’, which sold over 14 million copies following his breakthrough single “Bawitdaba”.
“TEN YEARS OF TALENT AND HARD WORK”
- Devil Without a Cause’, achieved a gold disc in April, less than one year from the release.
- By June, it had gone platinum.
- Within the same month, Kid Rock went on his first major tour following fellow ‘nu metal’ acts Limp Bizkit and Staind.
- In July, Kid Rock made a career-defining performance at Woodstock, naming him double platinum.
- Kid Rock released his first live album, Live Trucker, with songs including previous live homestead performances from both Clarkston, Michigan and Cobo Hall in Detroit, Michigan.
- Kid Rock made an appearance in an episode of CSI: New York.
“TRYING DIFFERENT THINGS”
- In October, Kid Rock released Rock N’ Roll Jesus, which became his first album to go number 1, selling 172,000 copies in its first week.
- Over a weekend in July, Kid Rock performed the largest headline concert of his entire career at Comerica Park in Detroit, Michigan. 80,000 people attended the two shows.
- During this same weekend, he first debuted his beer ‘American Badass Lager’, after producing it out of Webberville, Michigan.
- Kid Rock met with Guy Fieri, host of “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives”, and claimed the Clarkston Union, in Clarkston, MI, as his favorite restaurant.
- Kid Rock was featured on television on Fieri’s show for his excellence of his ‘Badass’ beer partnership and overall brand ambassador with both Clarkston Union restaurants.
“YOU GET WHAT YOU PUT IN…”
- On September 12, 2017 Kid Rock’s Made in Detroit restaurant officially opened along with the Little Caesars Arena, in Detroit, Michigan.
- Kid Rock appeared in his restaurant pouring the first of his American Badass Lager. Additionally, surprising fans later after returning to the restaurant for drinks after his concert.